Thursday, August 14, 2014

Welcome 2014

Dragon Con August 31st - September 1st

Since it appears that everyone says they want to know what's going on at Dragon Con but no one ever bothers to read the site I have decided to take it off line unless someone expressly asks to be added. I'm unclear what that says about me...am I not funny or interesting enough or do I just need new friends. I vote to blame it on friends and family since I know I'm hilarious.

It's two weeks to Dragon Con so I guess greetings and salutations are in order. I'm trying to get excited but I just can't seem to get into the mood. Even the social media sites are waaaay more quiet than usual. Twitter is just peeping and even the Google+ Dragon Con group isn't posting much. My guests have also bailed on me this year so my house is silent too (well except for the cats but they don't get Dragon Con).

The guest list this year is a bit lack luster as well. Each year I say I'm not doing any celebrity panels and each year when the list comes out I fill up my schedule. This year not so much. I think part of it is that there really isn't much science fiction out anymore and all the stars from shows past are busy doing other things. I'm going to look at this as an opportunity to see some of the other tracks.

Not that we didn't know Dragon Con was getting bigger each year but last year even small out of the way tracks were filling up. I think the tickets sales have doubled from 5 years ago.  This year I'm going to try and strategize a way not to go insane( more insane? ).

Here's hoping this years Dragon Con turns out to be the best one ever....

Mistress Dawn
  The ever lovely, eloquent and charming Lady of the House
Master Johnathan
  Man of miscellaneous knowledge and Lord of the House

All Hail the Dragon Con Cast of 2014

0 comments:

Post a Comment