Tuesday, August 27, 2013

It's All In the Preparation


Keven arrives today. He sent ahead a list of recipes that we should be able to make and either take with us to the convention or have waiting for us when we get home at night. Of course more importantly he sent ahead a box of alcohol. Anything from our local grocery store I bought before he arrived but I waited until he got here to take him to the piece de resistance....our new found German butcher Patak's.

After dropping off luggage we got PRESENTS!!! We got a game and his/her aprons for the kitchen and a cookbook and a fun garlic mincer on wheels....but the coolest was the chainmail stuff. I got a necklace in bronze that I double wrap and also use as a bracelet and John got this cool tie.


Next, Kevin and I headed out to finish out the shopping before Con. As we step into Patak's a golden light enfolded the room and angels started to sing. Nothing like taking a person who holds Meatacide each year into a German butcher shop. I'm tell'n ya, kid in candy store. I swear he tried to buy at least one of everything. I think he forgot that Milrath and "The Boy" were not joining us. Pounds of bacon, mega pounds of sausages fresh and smoked. It appears food will not be an issue this year. I'm also figuring that, when he's not looking, I'm packing half of it into the freezer.

So home again home again jiggity jig...time to cook. We fry up all the bacon for ease of use in breakfasts to come. We make macaroni salad, pasta salad and potato salad. And, for a finally, Kevin grilled up a storm of Brats and pork chops.
Mmmm Foooood

Snacks bought, alcohol bought, mixers bought, refrigerator full, arteries preparing to clog....bring on DragonCon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment